The little town of Impruneta dates Back to the Etruscans and the Romans, but it flourished in Medieval times for the construction, begun in the XIth centrury, of the Sanctuary of St. Mary built for to do Honour to a believed miracilous picture of the Madonna. The basilica was consecrated in 1060, but immediately begins a long series of trasfotmations, enlargements and remodellings; during the last war she was also bombed and seriously damaged. The apse and the Choir dates from 1525, while the external arcade is from 1634. Inside there are works by Michelozzo, Luca della Robbia, Giambologna and Tacca. At the side of the church there are two cloisters, one from the XIVth century and the other from the end of the XIVth century. Three are traditional events of Impruneta: the springtime feast, the grapefeast and the feast of St. Luke. The all area is famous for the terracotta´s production.