Strisce e ceci (Noodles and chick peas)
- To soak the chick peas: 12 hours.
- Preparation time: 40 minutes.
- Cooking time: two hours 30 minutes
- For the pasta: 300g plain flour
- For the sauce: 2 cloves of garlic
- 2tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Four sticks of green celery(or a sprig of rosmariry
- 3 small ripe tomatoes
- 300g chick peas
- Black pepper
- Chili pepper
Put the flour in a bowl with a quarter litre of water and pinch of salt. Work together until you obtain a smooth paste. Form into a ball, place on a work surface and roll out to a thickness of two millimetres. Cut into strips about a centimetre wide and spread out on a clean tea towel. Leave aside.
Lightly fry the cloves of garlic in the oil and add the washed and roughly chopped celery sticks and leaves. Add the peeled and diced tomatoes.
Pour half of the cooked chik peas into the fried ingredients with their liquid. Add the pasta noodles and cook, taking care not to let the sauce reduce too much (it might be necessary to add a little boiling water). In the meantime, mash the remaining chick peas and add to the pasta. Remove the garlic and the celery and serve with chili pepper, black pepper and oil. For a diferent flavour, replace the celery with rosemary.