Address: Piazza S. Felicita
On the site of an ancient oratory of the 5th century, the
church has often been remodeled. Its present aspect is due to
Federico Ruggeri (1736).
Under the porch are various tombs including that of the merchant
Barduccio Chierichini (1416) and that of cardinal Luigi De Rossi,
by Raffaele di Montelupo (1500).
The interior has a single nave and is in neoclassic style.
Various chapels open off the nave between the pilaster strips:
the first chapel on the right was built for the Capponi family by Brunelleschi (1425); on
the altar is a Deposition (1528), one of Pontormo's masterpieces.
On the wall to the right is his famous Annunciation. In the
pendentives are roundels of the Four Evangelists by Pontormo and
To the right of the transept is the Sacristy (1470) in the style
of Brunelleschi and
uncertain attribution (Michelozzo or Leon Battista Alberti). On
the walls are an Adoration of the Magi by Francesco di Antonio
(1450), a polyptych, Madonna and Child with Saints, by Taddeo
Gaddi, and a Saint Felicity with her Seven Sons by Neri di Bicci.
In the small apse a fine Crucifix by Pacino di Buonaguida, a
15th-century Pietà by an unknown painter and a Madonna by
Giovanni del Biondo.